Friday, September 11, 2015

Revenge and the WIld Playlist

Music is everything, the backbone of all my creative endeavors. Whether it's writing, painting, or jewelry making, I'm always listening to music. I listen to a wide range of everything: from classical to gangster rap and everything in between. Whenever I write a scene or draw a picture, I use music to set the tone, often times playing a certain song on repeat until I get it right.

Each novel I've written has its own playlist that I listened to religiously during its creation. For REVENGE AND THE WILD every scene was written to a certain song on this list. To keep from relieving spoilers I won't mention which song belongs to which scene, but you can guess if you'd like--though it wouldn't be easy. You'd think a big fight scene would be paired with Children of Bodom or In Flames, but instead it's, In This Shirt, by the Irrepressibles. Keeps things a little weird, the way I like it.

In This Shirt by The Irrepressibles
Desperation Train by Death By Stereo
Cecil Brown by Hank Williams III
Big Guns by Ruelle
The Passenger by Iggy Pop
Are You Dead Yet by Children Of Bodom
Civilian by Wye Oak
Krokodil by Brotha Lynch Hung (explicit as fvck!)
Reflect The Storm by In Flames
Keep The Streets Empty For Me by Fever Rey
100 Years by Typhoon
Cold Dark Woods by HillStomp
Faithless Is He... by Shai Hulud
Wait So Long by Trampled By Turtles
Wolf & I by Oh Land
Waiting Room by Fugazi
Old Devils by William Elliot Whitmore










No comments:

Post a Comment